Screenshots provide our technical team with the best possible information to investigate concerns. There are things in screenshots that our developers need to see in order to detect details of issues within the game.
Follow the below directions on how to take and send a screenshot from your device.
To take and send a screenshot on Android:
- Hold down the power button and the volume-down button at the same time, and hold for a few seconds. The screen will flash to signal the screenshot has been taken. If you don't receive a notification to confirm that a screenshot was taken, you will be able to locate it in your Gallery app.
- On some Android devices, you may need to hold the home button and the volume-down button for a few seconds instead to capture a screenshot. This method will also cause the screen to flash to indicate that the screenshot was taken, and you'll be able to locate the screenshot in the Gallery app.
To attach the screenshot to an email, locate the screenshot. At the top, you'll see a share icon. Please tap on that. If this doesn't appear automatically, tap near the top of the screen. Please choose the email option. This will attach the screenshot to your email.
To take a screenshot on an Apple device:
- Press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button on the top or side of your device.
- Quickly press and release the "Home" button.
- To find your screenshot, go to "Photos app" then "Albums", and tap "Camera Roll".
You can attach your screenshot to an email by doing the following:
- To insert an attachment, tap and hold your finger down in the body of the message. A popup displays various options. Tap “Add Attachment”.
- A dialog display's allowing you to choose a file. By default, it opens iCloud Drive. However, you can select files from other storage providers registered on your device. To attach a file from a location other than iCloud Drive, tap “Locations” in the upper-left corner of the dialog box, and then tap "Camera Roll."
The attachment will then be placed in the e-mail.
To take and send a screenshot on a Windows laptop/desktop computer:
- Select the Start button, type snipping tool in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
- Your screen will fade to a pale white and your cursor will change to a plus sign. Click and drag the snipping tool over the area of your screen that you want to screenshot. Once you have the area selected, release the mouse button, and the snipped image will pop-up on your screen.
- Select the "Save Snip" icon from the top left-hand corner of your screenshot and save it to your desired folder.
- To find the image, use the "attach" function in your e-mail. Click on "Browse" to find the saved image in the selected folder.
To take and send a screenshot on an Amazon Fire tablet:
Before taking a screenshot, locate the Volume Down button and the Power button.
- With the device powered on, press and hold down the Volume Down button and Power button together for one second. The screen will flash briefly and a smaller image of the screen will appear in the center of the screen to indicate a successful screenshot. If the volume is turned up, you'll hear a shutter sound just before the screen flashes.
- Release the buttons.
- The image will be saved along with your photos and videos in the camera roll, you may now attach the image in an e-mail.